If you’ve signed up for our Income Tax service then we will have already discussed what documents we need from you.  For those of you still on the fence, here’s a little guidance on what documents you might need to submit with your claim;

Supporting Documents Generally Needed For Income Tax Returns;

  • IRP5 – for any salaried income during the period.
  • Log Book – for travel allowances you might be entitled to, you need a log book showing the distances travelled for business and for personal needs.
  • Other Income and it’s Expenses (invoices and slips) – for income outside of your salary e.g. rental income, if you want to reduce the burden you will need to show the expenses occurred to earn that additional income.
  • Medical Aid Certificate – You can deduct R303 pm if you’re the taxpayer who pays the scheme contributions, R303 pm for the first dependant and then R204 pm for each additional dependant.
  • Tax Certificate – for any investment income e.g. retirement annuity fund.
  • Other – for income and expenses not listed above, you’ll need to speak to a tax practitioner about the documents required – hello@qtax.co.za

Remember, Tax Season is well under way, it started on 1 July so please get started with your documents so you don’t miss the deadline.

As always we’re happy to help – if you need some advice on your Income Tax send us an email now – hello@tax.co.za